All Stomach sleepers have specific needs when it comes to choosing a mattresses and sleeping on the right type mattress is very important in order to get a good night’s sleep. Before you visit the next mattress sale you must read this blog.
Sleeping on your stomach side is commonly associated with neck and back pain. The outcome simple: It’s is nearly impossible to keep maintaining alignment of spine when sleeping on your stomach. This can result in long lasting pain. This is typically common with certain memory foam and traditional spring mattresses that do not provide adequate firmness and support.
Why Does Stomach Sleeping Cause So Many Problems?
The bulk of your body weight rests around the midsection of your body. Sleeping on your stomach places additional strain on your back, because you’re unable to maintain a neutral spinal position while doing so.
Stomach Sleeping Solutions
One solution that appears to help, according to Mayo Clinic, is to sleep with a pillow beneath your pelvis and lower abdomen. If this doesn’t bring your instant relief, you should consider sleeping without a pillow, if you find it doesn’t cause you strain.
There is another remedy to keep in mind for all kinds of stomach sleepers. Invest in a quality natural latex mattress. Check out new mattress sale in New Zealand, Latex and Orthocool mattresses offer unsurpassed support and comfort, but it also delivers extraordinary resilience. Where other mattresses develop lumps, bumps, and indentations over time, natural latex mattresses bounce back to their original form, year after year.
What Should Stomach Sleepers Look For In A Mattress?
Stomach sleepers have specific needs when it comes to mattresses. If you are a stomach sleeper, look for these things, in your next mattress:
- Support. This is the most important feature a mattress can provide for stomach sleepers. You should purchase a mattress that offers medium-firm support to help promote spinal alignment while you sleep.
- Comfort. It doesn’t matter how much support your mattress provides if it’s so uncomfortable you can’t sleep on it. Look for a mattress that offers some element of cushioning comfort in addition to support.
- Cost Effectiveness. For most people, buying decisions come down to price. However, when you consider the number of hours you spend in bed daily, it makes sense to consider your mattress an investment.
- Materials. It’s also important to consider the materials in your mattress. Not only are some materials less resilient than others, and subject to lumps, bumps, and indentations as a result, but some mattresses on the market today are made with toxic ingredients including PBDEs, formaldehydes, glues, and other materials associated with health risks, headaches, off-gassing, harming the planet, and more. Choose wisely to avoid bringing these materials into your home.
- Your Size. While your size may not be as crucial when it comes to the type of mattress you purchase, it can mean a great deal when it comes to the proper thickness of your new mattress. The more you weigh, the thicker you’ll want your mattress to be, so that it can continue to deliver exceptional support without compressing or breaking down. People weighing between 200 and 400 pounds should look for a mattress that is 10″ to 12″ thick. Those weighing more than 400 pounds, should look for a mattress that is 12″ thick and up.
These things will help you find the perfect mattress for your needs, as a stomach sleeper. There is another factor you should know about the mattress you’re considering as well. It’s the ILD number.
What Is ILD And What Does It Mean For Mattresses?
ILD is short for “impression (or indentation) load deflection.” When it comes to mattresses, ILD indicates the firmness or softness of a mattress.
If you sleep on your stomach, you need a mattress that provides a good support surface. However, many stomach sleepers also prefer some degree of comfort from their mattresses, too. So, you don’t want the firmest mattress. A medium-firm mattress is typically best for stomach sleepers.
Slumberzone Beds Mattresses For Stomach Sleepers
What’s the best choice for stomach sleepers? Slumberzone Mattresses. They offer the perfect combination of the support stomach sleepers need, along with a 100% natural latex comfort layer that provides exceptional cushioning comfort. This means you get the support you require, along with the comfort you crave in a mattress, allowing you to get your best night’s sleep, night after night.
Try it out today! Invest in great sleep and healthy future. You have nothing to lose